SACRED HEART OF JESUS PARISH
21 Lansdowne St. (Office)
26 Lorne street North (Church)
P.O. Box 490
Chapleau ON P0M 1K0
Facebook: Sacred Heart Parish Chapleau
Priest (resident): Rev. Hervé Sauvé
Administrative (secretary): Hélène Pineau
Communion at home
Please contact Fr. Hervé to make
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Sacrament of Baptism
Please contact the office to make
Sacrament of Marriage
Please call the office at least six
months (preferably one full year)
prior to the wedding date to make
Sacrament of the Sick
Please contact Fr. Hervé to
arrange either for a home or a
hospital visit to celebrate the
sacrament of the sick.
Monday to Thursday – 10 a.m. at noon and 1 p.m. at 16 o’clock.
Friday – 10 a.m. at noon
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 9 a.m. 30 (bilingual)
Wednesday (Hospital) – 11 a.m. 30 (bilingual)
Saturday – 7 p.m. (French or English)
Sunday – 9 a.m. 30 (English or French)
** For weekly mass schedule possible changes , refer to the weekly bulletin.
** 3rd Sunday of the month – 11:30 am Bilingual Mass at the Mission of St-Jean-de-Brébeuf, Church Street, Sultan, Ontario by the Reverend Father Hervé Sauvé.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
- January 27 – Cleaning Bee (Part 2) – Once again volunteers are asked to meet at the church at 10 am this Monday,
January 27 to clean the parish hall. Bring your pail, mop and rags, we will supply the cleaning solutions. Thanks for pitching in!
- Acknowledgement – I wish to express my heartfelt thanks to the following persons who came out to clean the church pews and woodwork last Monday, January 20th: Carmen Bouchard,
Leo Brunette, Wayne Desbiens, Chantal Desbois, Henry & Bonnie Desbois, Adyh Duffney, Stephanie Joly, Molly O’Connor, Anne Ouellette, Pierrette Ouellette, Rita Pilon, and Marie-Claire Bruneau. Well done! Hervé
- Wanted – Ministers of Communion at the Hospital
If you are interested in bringing Holy Communion to our parishioners at the hospital, please leave your name at the rectory by calling (705) 864-0747.
- Notice – We wish to remind everyone that the parish does not accept bags of used clothing. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 2020 Offering Boxes – If you haven’t already, please pick up your 2020 Offering Box placed in alphabetical order at the back of the church. Thank you!
- Friendly Reminder – CWL Dues – We ask all members to kindly remit their 2020 dues either directly to Adyh Duffney
or Ludie O’Hearn, or, if it is more convenient for you, by dropping them off in the collection basket in duly marked envelopes. Thank you for your cooperation!
- February 2, 2020 – Bingo – Our next Parish Bingo will be held Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 1:30 pm in the Parish Hall.
- Upcoming Meeting – Mon February 10 , at 7 pm – Catholic Women’s League
- February 23 – Feast of the Baptised (Tentative date) – The Feast of the Baptised of 2019 is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, February 23rd during the 9:30 mass, followed by a brunch in the parish hall.