SACRED HEART OF JESUS PARISH
21 Lansdowne St. (Office)
26 Lorne street North (Church)
P.O. Box 490
Chapleau ON P0M 1K0
Facebook: Sacred Heart Parish Chapleau
Priest (resident): Rev. Hervé Sauvé
Administrative (secretary): Hélène Pineau
Communion at home
Please contact Fr. Hervé to make
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Sacrament of Baptism
Please contact the office to make
Sacrament of Marriage
Please call the office at least six
months (preferably one full year)
prior to the wedding date to make
Sacrament of the Sick
Please contact Fr. Hervé to
arrange either for a home or a
hospital visit to celebrate the
sacrament of the sick.
Monday to Thursday – 10 a.m. at noon and 1 p.m. at 16 o’clock.
Friday – 10 a.m. at noon
ALL MASSES AND CHURCH EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 9 a.m. 30 (bilingual)
Wednesday (Hospital) – 11 a.m. 30 (bilingual)
Saturday – 7 p.m. (French or English)
Sunday – 9 a.m. 30 (English or French)
** For weekly mass schedule possible changes , refer to the weekly bulletin.
** 3rd Sunday of the month – 11:30 am Bilingual Mass at the Mission of St-Jean-de-Brébeuf, Church Street, Sultan, Ontario by the Reverend Father Hervé Sauvé.
News – March 19, 2020:
As you know, everything is changing rapidly and new clearer directives from the Porcupine Health Unit have been issued on March 17, 2020 concerning churches. Our diocese is therefore following these new directives concerning Masses and all gatherings.
As of March 19th, ALL MASSES AND PARISH EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
For your information, please review the following most recent directives/communique from the Porcupine Health Unit :
Porcupine Health Unit Covid-19 March 17, 2020 Update
Pray for those affected and the caregivers.
COVID-19 PANDEMIC PRECAUTIONS
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
- Note a special message from your pastor in the March 22, 2020 Weekly Bulletin.
- PENDING – Chrismale Mass 2020 will take place at Moonbeam on April 6 at 1:30 p.m.
- CANCELLED – March 23 – Bible Study – The 3rd instalment of our Bible Study will take place Monday, March 23rd at 7 pm in the parish hall. Course duration is approx. 1 hour (45 min. Lesson, 15 min. Q&A).
- CANCELLED – March 25 – Club Maria Chapdelaine Supper –
Notice to members: the next Club supper will take place on Wednesday, March 25 at 5 p.m. in the basement of the church. Pleased to welcome you!
- CANCELLED – March 24-25-26 – – Parish Mission (in French) – A French parish mission will be held on the evenings of March 24, 25, and 26, 2020 in the church. As Mass will be included, there will not be a morning mass at 9:30.
- CANCELLED – March 25-26 – – Painting workshop
A painting workshop will be offered on Wednesday March 25 (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Thursday March 26 (6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) in the parish hall. Free for people 40 and over. Everything is provided! Please register as soon as possible with FormationPLUS at 69, rue Birch or by calling 705 864-2763. A presentation of the Club Maria Chapdelaine.
- PENDING April 5 – Bingo – Our next Parish Bingo will be held Sunday, April 5th, 2020 at 1:30 pm in the Parish Hall.
- PENDING – April 24-25-26 – Open Door Session
For widows and widowers. Offered to Timmins the weekend of April 24-25-26. Please consult the leaflets for this purpose at the rear of the church. Information 705 272-5157.
- PENDING – April 24-25 – Fine Dining – Our next Fine Dining experience will be held Friday & Saturday, April 24-25, 2020 in the parish hall. Tickets at a cost of $65 per plate will be available for purchase with Jocelyne Gervais at the Brokerlink office.
- Bishop Bob Bourgon will be with us on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 7 pm to confirm this year’s Confirmation candidates. If you would like to enrol your child please call the rectory at 864-0747.